INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA OFFICE
The Instructional Media Office is one of the two units of the ETS. It houses and circulates a collection of audio-visual materials and equipment carefully selected to meet the curricular needs of the academic community. It also produces materials for instructional purposes. Materials are arranged according to General Material Designation, Dewey Decimal Classification (IBED), and Library of Congress (CAS). Moreover, an Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) is available in the IMO.
In 1974, the Educational Materials Center was formed where the Library and the Audio-Visual office were combined.
By June 1976, the its Head strengthened the Audio-Visual Department. This time the Library and Audio-Visual Office were separated. Thus, the office was renamed to Audio-Visual Center.
By summer, an inventory of AV equipment and materials was done and systematically arranged in a cabinet.
Construction of HS Audio-Visual Center was held. AV equipment and materials were consolidated in one place. Those out of order were repaired, and those beyond repair were kept in a separate cabinet.
HS Audio-Visual Center was not completed yet, so the HS students still made use of the GS Audio-Visual Center. The administration approved the purchase of some new AV equipment.
June 1979, HS Audio-Visual Center started its operation. Though housed in a separate building, still services of both GS and HS AV Centers were under one head, who was Miss Teresita de Guzman.
After the resignation of Mrs. T. de Guzman, Mrs. Angelita C. Bernardo, a former faculty member was assigned to head the Audio-Visual Center. New software materials and equipment were purchased.
Because of the growing population and increase in the number of materials and equipment, Mrs. Yolanda was hired as AVC Librarian.
As a result of the EDF Survey, Audio-Visual Center was renamed Instructional Media Center (IMC). Physical set up remained the same.
The name Benedictine Abbey School was changed to St. Benedict College to give way for the opening of the College Department. While the College building was still under construction, classes were held at the High School Building from late afternoon to evening. The High School IMC continues to service the college classes.
It was also within these years that Mr. Proceso M. Llagas Jr. was taken in as full-time Technician.
The College building was finally completed. The College IMC was housed at the 2nd floor for the safekeeping of the materials and equipment while projection services were held at R1 and R2 at the College Library. The IMC Head extended her supervision with the help of one IMC Aide.
The College IMC became fully operational with the hiring of Ms. Rosemarie C. Perlado as Media Assistant. Both material and equipment acquisitions increased in number.
Mr. Serdamie P. Gumata was hired as assistant Technician assigned at the College IMC. Viewing rooms were transferred to the 2nd floor at the AV Room, Balcruz Multi-Media Room and Fr Bellarmine Hall.
Mrs. Ruth B. Lazaro, a former faculty replaced Mrs. Angelita Bernardo as the Institutional Coordinator of the Instructional Media Center. She pursued the automation of all the IMC holdings and centralized the system of operation.
Mrs. Rosalinda E. Capisonda, a licensed librarian, replaced Mrs. Yolanda Domingo as Institutional Librarian for College.
Mrs. Sharleen R. Santos, a licensed librarian, replaced Mrs. Rosalinda Capisonda as Institutional Librarian for College. She pursued the cataloging of Non-Print Materials using the Destiny Library Manager (DLM).
Mrs. Rosalinda E. Capisonda replaced Mrs. Ruth B. Lazaro as the Instructional Media Center Head.
Tugade Theater Auditorium and Manny Reyes Hall were constructed. The Tugade Theater Auditorium has a seating capacity of 631 while the Manny Reyes Hall has a seating capacity of 250.
Rosendo Herrera Mini Theater was renovated. It has a seating capacity of 150.
IMC was renamed as Instructional Media Office (IMO) and placed under the Education Technology Services (ETS) headed by Engr. Ma. Lea A. Martinez. Now called IMO Coordinator, Ms. Rosalinda E. Capisonda remains the office head.
IMO SERVICE HOURS
Monday – Friday
8am - 5pm
8am - 12nn
Reach Us At
8236-7222 locals 1250, 1260, 1610 & 2180
San Beda College Alabang Instructional Media Center
SBCA Education Technology Services