ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
The San Beda College of Law admits only applicants whose credentials and personal qualifications yield evidence that they can offer an excellent academic performance and profit from the intellectual, social, and spiritual opportunities offered by the College.
An Applicant for admission to the law course must be Filipino Citizen and should have satisfactorily completed in an authorized and recognized university or college the courses of study prescribed for a bachelor’s degree in arts or sciences with any of the following subjects as majors: Political Science, Logic, Philosophy, English, Spanish, History, or Economics, or an equivalent Bachelor’s Degree as may be authorized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
All students entering the San Beda College Alabang School of Law for the first time shall take an entrance examination, which consist mainly of a test of logic, comprehension, articulation, and aptitude for the law profession. Entrance examination are given, upon prior application, in accordance with the schedule duly announced, generally at any time between the closing of the school year and reopening of classes.
Credential for Incoming Freshmen and New Students.
- A certificate from the Dean of Law that the applicant has passed the entrance examination;
- Original Transcript of Records with S.O. No. and with remarks “For Further Studies”, or Certification of Graduation(if Transcript is not yet available);
- Original Birth Certificate with one (1) clear photocopy. If the name appearing in the birth certificate is different from the name appearing in the birth certificate is different from the name the applicant is using, an affidavit of two disinherited persons that the applicant is the same person as the one named in the birth certificate. If no birth certificate is available, a certification to that effect issued by the Civil Registrar of the city or municipality where the applicant was born and an affidavit of two disinterested persons certifying to the facts of applicant’s birth;
- Two (2) Original Certifications of Good Moral Character from the Dean and Guidance Counselor of the School the applicant last attended;
- Two (2) passport size recent photographs without headgear with applicants name at the back
- Form C-1 or Certification of Preliminary Education of Law Students if the applicant has previously obtained it from the CHED; and
- A photocopy of the transcript of records or copies of the semestral report cards must be presented for evaluation.